Discover noteable new features and improvements in each release
- Added new component node and modified equations for simple heat exchangers to work with negative mass flows. The node component is able to switch between merge and splitter equations according to the directions of the mass flows. Please beware, that the amount of the equations of a splitter and a merge is not the same, thus the number of equations provided by the node depend on the flow direction and may change within the calculation process. In order to make use of the node, a network should always contain more than one node, so that a different node can compensate a possible change in flow direction (PR #43).
- Added examples for components, busses, connections etc. in the docstrings. You will find the examples in either your editors help pane or the online documentation of the API (PR #45).
- Added an interface attribute for sinks and sources changing the component type from sink/source to subsys_interface when exporting the network, if you specify
interface=Truefor these type of components. This way, you can reimport the saved network and connect it to a different network. Also imported components, connections and busses are easily accessible by their label (components/busses) or their target with target id (connections). For an example, see the module documentation
tespy.network_reader. (PR #46).
- Added logging (console and log-file), see how to use it (PR #51).
- Adapted documentation and examples in regard of new features. Examples have been moved to the oemof-examples repository.
- Improved consistency in documentation of all modules (PR #45).
- Registered a DOI for TESPy version 0.1.0.
- init_file -> init_path
- design_file -> design_path
- structure -> deprecated: Providing
structure=Trueon saving the network is not required anymore, the network structure is exported automatically.
The initialisation method and handling of design and offdesign calculations has been adjusted. In future, please specify the path to the folder, where your results have been saved, e. g.:
mynetwork.save('path/to/folder') mynetwork.solve('offdesign', design_path='path/to/folder', init_path='path/to/folder')
- The examples in the docstrings are used as doctests.
- Component tests have been implemented.
- General tests for errors, printouts and fluid properties have been implemented.
- Benchmark test for a heat pump model (still to be improved, see inline comments).
- Testcoverage will be checked for every PR in the future!
See PR #52.
- Adjusted network export and network import to work for grouped component properties and characteristic maps (PR #46).
- Redesigned pre- and postprocessing of component properties as some errors occoured before. Design parameters are now always gathered from the component .csv-file containing the design point information (saved design state of the network) (PR #50).
- Improved calculation speed by swapping the CoolProp.CoolProp.PropsSI-calls with CoolProp.AbstractState calls (PR #49).
- added new component: motoric cogeneration unit (79a1177). An example is provided here.
- improved fluid property checks (8adc76c).
- added bus characteristics for modeling variable efficiencys (e. g. for generator, motor, boiler) (79a1177).
- isentropic efficiency characteristic for compressor linked to pressure ratio (85d317d).
- added volumetric flow specification (63db64d).
- adapted documentation and (example code) in regard of new features.
- fixed some typos in documentation.
compressor - vigv -> igva (inlet guide vane angle)
simple heat exchanger - t_a -> Tamb (ambient temperature)
solar collector - t_a -> Tamb (ambient temperature)
- remodeled the characteristic map for compressors: if not specified, igva is assumed to be 0° (2425a77).
- redesigned the printouts for component parameters (9465be6, b2c0897, cbbc1a1, 1e55e36, 2e795c2)
- custom variables are available for (977a5be):
- simple heat exchangers (as well as pipes and solar collctors) and
- cogeneration unit.
- Francesco Witte
- Paul Hansen
- added new component: stoichiometric combustion chamber (0989493, 1e84386, 460dd9f, 6d10d2d).
- added custom fluid databases, mainly for usage in stoichiometric combustion chamber (45e19ae, c3da785, 7cb1144).
- added val_SI-attribute to datacontainers for setting ambient temperatures at simple heat exchangers (c4ba349, 3c7d94e).
- added entropy balance for components (5944eae, b0aed98, e0839ab).
- added pressure rise vs. flow rate characteristics for component pump (e79a191, e3409bf, 8fe6976).
- added hazen-williams equation for pipe pressure loss calculation (bf0b865, 25c32bc, cee8cee).
- added TESPy network import/export (7fefc59, 70ae908, 13ef1ad, 40e906c).
- added data container for grouped component properties (83c9ff4).
- convergence stability improvements for combustion chamber, fixes in the equations and derivatives (2c396f0, 59e3879, 10b2887).
- fixes/improvements for the convergence control (6e8ea60, 43e8ee1).
- fixed vapour quality specification (ec3865d).
- added missing get_attr method for class characteristics (13cf730).
- added bus functions to every component (41e9f2b, 7fefc59).
- Francesco Witte
- Shuang Chen
Thanks to Shuang and Haibing from the UFZ for implementing the hazen-williams equation!
- Changed architecture of the variables and component parameters. Every parameter is now a data container, giving the user more flexibility (e. g. specifiying a unit) and facilitating future development.
- Changed architecture of fluid property function calls to make custom fluids or custom fluid property functions available.
- Added custom fluid class to generate fluid properties from given fluid mixture.
- Added generic component characteristics for turbine isentropic efficiency and cone law as well as for the heat exchangers heat transfer coefficient. On top, the user may use own values for the characteristic lines.
- Added val_SI to data container for component properties for future development.
- Added documentation on how to handle data containers for variables and parameters.
- Added an example for combustion chamber usage.
- Adjusted the generic pump characteristics to cause less instabilites and adjusted function parameters according to KSB.
- Fixed bug in combustion chamber’s thermal input equation.
- Fixed parameters for numerical calculation of derivatives.
- Fixed starting relaxation parameter.
- Improved convergence stability for combustion chamber and heat exchanger.